Bad breath, (otherwise known as halitosis) is a common condition. Lyme Bay understand how bad breath can leave you feeling self-conscious and unhappy but also that it can be an indicator of a more serious health condition. Our friendly hygienists can identify the cause of your bad breath and offer specialist treatment to eliminate it.
What are the potential causes of bad breath?
- Chronically neglecting your oral hygiene.
- Drinking more than the recommended amount of alcohol on a regular basis.
- Eating strong flavored foods such as onions or garlic and curries.
- Throat Infections.
- Dry mouth (sometimes caused by drug therapies).
- A build-up of bacteria on your tongue.
- Poorly-fitted bridges, crowns and dentures. Lyme Bay’s practitioners are highly qualified to fit these.
How can Lyme Bay help?
- Treat gum disease by cleaning and root debriding. This non-surgical procedure will thoroughly clean the root surfaces of your teeth. Removing plaque and tartar prevents bacteria being trapped and causing bad breath.
- Identify ill-fitting crowns and bridges that are causing food to get trapped between the surfaces.
- Demonstrate the latest techniques and products available to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Tailor a specific treatment plan and home regime for each patient.
Your hygienist at Lyme Bay will make you feel at ease and offer you advice for maintaining fresh breath after treatment. Some quick tips for at home include:
- Floss between your teeth daily.
- Clean your teeth twice a day for 2 minutes.
- Clean your tongue regularly.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Brush before breakfast and before bed.
- Do not wet your toothbrush before brushing.
- Spit out your toothpaste and do not rinse after.
We recommend that you make regular appointments with our hygienists to ensure your bad breath does not return, as well as applying a good dental routine at home. Even if your bad breath is cured, visits to the hygienist are an essential part of a healthy dental routine, in addition regular to visits to the dentist. We are always happy to advise you about the best products and methods to keep your bad breath at bay.
To make an appointment, please call <a class=”phone” href=”tel:01297 529255“><span class=”rTapNumber208671”>01297 529255</span></a>.