What is a hygienist?
Hygienists are specially trained and valuable members of the dental team. They play an important role in dental health and mainly concentrate on preventive dental health and treating gum disease.
Their role includes:
- Providing correct home care advice.
- Ensuring your teeth are thoroughly clean and free of bacteria.
- Applying fluoride and fissure sealants.
Why should I visit the hygienist?
- To prevent the onset of gum disease, dental decay and bleeding gums.
- To receive professional, friendly advice and techniques on how to floss, brush efficiently and apply an effective dental routine.
- So that you can leave with clean and fresher-looking teeth.
- Visits to the hygienist allow you to reset your dental routine and make the changes you need to in order to live more healthily.
Our hygienists here at Lyme Bay will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. They can also provide you with information on the best products to purchase in order to maintain a good dental routine.