If you’re unhappy with your smile, here at Lyme Bay, we can help. We’ve been involved in many success stories when it comes to veneers, with patients being extremely satisfied and finding we have restored their confidence and their smiles.
What are they?
Veneers are thin layers of porcelain that are attached to the front of your teeth (often likened to an artificial fingernail fitted over a nail).
What do they do?
Veneers come under the category of ‘cosmetic dentistry’. Some of the fantastic benefits of veneers include:
- They can render your teeth straighter.
- You’ll have restored and more natural-looking teeth.
- The shape of your teeth could be improved.
- Veneers can eliminate imperfections such as unevenness, gaps and stains. You can choose a shade of porcelain that will best suit your teeth’s natural shade.
The procedure involved
Veneers usually require 3 trips to the dentist which consist of a consultation and 2 appointments to make and apply veneers. Here are the steps:
- Your dentist at Lyme Bay will examine your teeth to ensure that you are suitable for veneers.
- Your dentist may take an X-ray and make impressions of your mouth.
- Your dentist will remove a small amount of enamel from the front surface of the tooth (equal to the size of the veneer).
- The final visit is for the fitting of the veneers, a simple procedure where they are “stuck” to the surface of your teeth.
Why Get Veneers?
- There is little preparation involved.
- You’ll potentially have white and restored teeth for life.
- You’ll have a newly restored smile and a lot more confidence.
If you have any anxieties, we’re happy to talk these through with you.