Are you feeling dissatisfied with the colour of your teeth? Lyme Bay Dentistry can help. We know that teeth become stained and discoloured as a result of everyday living. Teeth whitening has become increasingly popular – it’s never been an easier road to a whiter smile.
Why Have Your Teeth Whitened?
- Boost your confidence.
- Regain the desire to smile day-to-day without worry.
- It’s an opportunity to give your teeth a reset.
- Have beautiful-looking, stain-free teeth.
- In some instances, you can have your teeth whitened even if you have gum disease or cavities.
Do I Need To Have My Teeth Whitened?
As well as making your teeth look brand new and free from staining, teeth whitening can also bring huge benefits to your oral hygiene. Prior to whitening your teeth, your hygienist will remove the plaque and tartar and get rid of any unwanted bacteria. This will put you on a new path to improved hygiene, allowing you to ‘reset’ your dental health in many ways. After having the treatment, your dentist can advise you about long-term techniques and the correct daily habits on how to keep your teeth white.
The Process Involved:
- Clean – Your hygienist will thoroughly clean your teeth in order to remove any tartar or surface stains.
- Digital photograph – The shade of your teeth beforehand will be recorded by taking a digital photograph.
- Whitening gel – Your teeth will then be treated with the whitening gel, after carefully isolating the rest of your mouth, this technique takes only one hour.
- At home – You can also carry out whitening at home using trays.
- Impression – An impression of your teeth will be taken so that your whitening trays are custom made for you.
- Treating or maintaining at home – You will have whitening trays to take home with you. These are two custom made trays designed to contain the whitening gel that whitens your teeth. You will be instructed to wear the trays for a set amount of time until your dentist tells you to stop and the treatment is complete.
Am I eligible for teeth-whitening?
Before you can undergo treatment to have your teeth whitened, you will need to attend a consultation so we can check that you are eligible.
Unfortunately, if you have serious existing dental problems, you may not be eligible as the whitening agent could cause further complications such as to aggravate any cavities or unhealthy gums.
Why should I have my teeth whitened at Lyme Bay and not do it myself with a DIY kit?
Do it yourself kits are not illegal but they are unreliable and can present you with long-term damage. As the whitening trays are not custom-made to the shape of your teeth, the whitening gel can leek into your gums and cause irrevocable damage to your oral health. Remember, only a dental professional can carry out whitening!
To find out more about Tooth Whitening or the difference cosmetic treatments we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us.